It's 199X, you're in the driver seat. As you turn the key and hear the engine starting, a cassette plays on the stereo. The clear blue sky invites you to escape, to explore a world of exotic landscapes and thrilling races. Step on the gas, choose your path, drive across cities, mountains, deserts, forests, beaches — places from all over the world and beyond.
Slipstream is a racing game influenced and inspired by the OutRun series, SEGA games in general, Initial D, Vaporwave & Synthwave aesthetics and the spirit of 90s arcades. It uses a real pseudo3D engine to provide an authentic retro experience in a modern shell. After being funded via kickstarter in 2016 and delayed more times than the developer would like to admit, it was released independently for PC in 2018.
- Local Multiplayer up to 4 Players!
- Online Leaderboards.*
- Real Pseudo3D graphics & feel: just like the classics.
- 6 Game Modes: Grand Tour, Cannonball, Grand Prix, Single Race, Time Trial and Battle Royale.
- 5 Playable Cars.
- 20 Different Tracks, 4 Cups in Grand Prix mode.
- Visual Filters: CRT, NTSC and pixelated modes.
- 24 Achievements.
- Full Controller Support. * only available in the Steam version.
Available for Windows, Linux and macOS on
(coming real soon I promise)
Slipstream - The Original Soundtrack
"It sounds like it's something you've heard in a dream, like you're not listening to it, but imagining. I guess all music is supposed to sound like that. Also I'm on weed and flu pills so I don't really know" - YouTube Comment