High waisted jeans?
High waisted jeans are super trendy and can do wonders for your body and posture. The rising pants make you look taller, thinner and like your legs go on and on forever. Emphasize your hourglass shape or create the illusion having one. Get ready to show off your natural waistline and look smokin’ hot! – here’s a guide on what to wear with high waisted jeans to your figure. So prepare to go on a shopping spree!
Body figure and style
First of all take a look at yourself in the mirror. YES – you ARE beautiful! Confidence is everything, so believe that and everyone else will! We’re gonna make you shine even more by highlighting your body’s’ hottest features! Make up with yourself, which style you like – skinny legs or flare pants? Plain or detailed? If you’re having a sexy booty-pearshaped-figure a la Kim Kardashian the jeans are perfect to show your beautiful silhouette! Go for a plain pair of jeans with no details on the waist. The rising style is already turning a lot of focus on your booty, so don’t go too far – keep it simple and stylish, and maybe add a trenchcoat to the equation for maximum style.
Are you not having one of those bodies don’t hesitate to try the high waisted jeans anyway – they’ll make you look like you have one, beautifully shaping your figure and bringing focus on that bum. Because of your slim figure you can bring as many details and pleats as you want without looking over the top and silly. For you it’s just about choosing your favorite pair.
Psst…! If you aren’t that tall yourself don’t pleat too much – it’s about choosing a style that’ll make you look vertically taller not short and wider.
I know choosing the right fit and rise can be a bit difficult, but just remember a general rule of thumb; get a pair that hits your natural waistline. A pair above will make your bosom look like it’s placed on a shelf. And below? No! –Don’t throw away the opportunity to make your legs appear longer, which you could do with a jumpsuit, but jeans are surely the way to go. Here’s a mini schedule of which type of high waisted jeans to choose for your body type;
|Which jeans style should I choose for my body figure?|
|Straight figure||Skinny, boot-cut, straight jeans|
|Pear-shaped||Boot-cut, straight, boyfriend jeans|
|Apple-shaped||Boot-but, straight jeans|
|Hourglass-figure||Skinny, boot-cut, straight, cigarette jeans|
Boyfriend jeans are loose fitting and because of their bagginess they’re perfect for the pear-shaped figure. They can hide problem areas like big thighs and are so comfortable at the same time. They’re perfect for the comfy-and-cozy look as well as a fashionable outfit with stilettos and a crop top. Choose a pair with high pockets in the back to avoid an unflattering bum.
The skinny jeans show your figure as it is. The style is ideal for straight- and hourglass figures, because they flatter your body, and give you more figure. For the straight-shaped go with a pair with high or detailed back pockets to get a bit more volume on your bum. Or highlight the smallest part of your leg with a pair that hits your ankle.
Boot-cut jeans are perfect for both curvy as well as straighter figured ladies. Its versatility can create the illusion of having those sexy curves though you don’t and turn it down if you think you’re having it too much.
Straight jeans are more traditional and conservative going straight down and not showing that much of your figure. It works on almost all body types. Stick to a darker wash to make your hips or thighs look slimmer. A light wash will emphasize the body parts that you’re trying to tone down.
The cigarette jeans reminds of the skinny jeans but with a looser ankle opening. A super stylish pant right now, but mostly fit the hourglass-shape because although it’s a looser fit it still shows your incredible body shape.
Style it with…
So when you’ve found your high waisted jeans, it’s time for styling. You’ve finally found a perfect pair so don’t cover them up with a long shirt… Besides that’ll only give you more stuffing on the belly. No, show off your great body and waistline with light jackets and easily tucked shirts. And not the chunky ones! We’re going to make your waist look tiny, so choose a top in a light material. So here’s some inspiration on styling your high waisted jeans in different looks;
The girly look
Just because you aren’t wearing a mini-skirt, it doesn’t mean you can’t be girly. Match your rising jeans with romantic tops and accessories;
- Choose a light, floral styled shirt, match with a cute hairband and a pair of ballerinas.
- Go bold with the season’s popular cropped tops and add a pair of sunglasses and a crossbody bag for a chic, girly look. Use an open powdery pink cardigan on the colder days.
- Are you going out choose a light top with fringe or ruffle details, add accessories and a gorgeous pair of stilettos.
The Raw Look
Perfect-fitted high waisted jeans may not seem like the ideal jeans for a biker chick outfit, but don’t hesitate to try it. With the right kind of styling and accessorizing it’ll sure look pretty good…
- For a rockish outfit go with a pair of pants with cool metallic details and buttons. Then add a short, loose-fitting statement t-shirt, cool sunglasses and a biker jacket.
- For a sport yet raw look go for a high waisted boyfriend styled pair of jeans, match with cool sneaks and an oversized blouse tucked down in the front and back to show the high waist.
- Choose a worn-looking pair of jeans, add a top with cut-out details and style it with a pair of sexy stilettos and red lips. A perfect evening-look in the rocking way.
The Classic Look
The high waisted jeans can perfectly fit an old-school classic look – especially with a flared pair. Get the look with classic pieces.
- Form a perfect workwear-outfit with rising flared pants a light, tucked silk shirt and a basic elegant blazer. Just add your working bag and a pair of brogues and you’re ready for the office.
- Use a simple pair of tight-fitting high jeans, match with a feminine blouse, an open classic trench coat, stilettos and last but not least a floppy hat. So chic and stylish and a completely head turning outfit on the road.
The Cozy Look
High waisted jeans and coziness at once? Yes, it’s possible. Maybe just don’t go with a super tight style… Instead pick a style in a loose-fitting, light fabric that make you feel cozy and comfy. Here’s some inspiration when styling;
- Wear a loose hippie-look-a-like pant with fun flower-power patterns. Avoid looking like a confused traffic light and add a simple colored cropped top and casual moccasins. Use a soft long cardigan when cold.
- For a cozy but stylish look go with a flared style and a tucked turtleneck blouse. Combine a chic pair of wedge sandals and a crossbody bag.
So as you may have learned through this small guide – high-waisted jeans are a specific style that highlight and bring focus on your waist. Here’s listed a few inspiration and styling tips so find your perfect pair of high waisted jeans. You’re sure gonna look stunning – good luck